Become a part of an incredible group of volunteers who are dedicated to making a difference in their community. Assistance League offers unique volunteer opportunities that fit the need to serve. Members often say they joined Assistance League for the programs and stayed for the friendships.
Benefits and Rewards of Membership
- Participating in philanthropic programs and fundraising opportunities, volunteering and making a difference in our community
- Becoming aware of issues and needs in our community
- Experiencing fulfillment through personal participation
- Developing and using leadership skills and talents
- Making friends by working together on programs that benefit others
- Pay new member dues of $95 (pro-rated if joining late in the year); dues for returning members are $80 per year.
- Attend regular meetings on the third Wednesday of each month except June, July and December.
- Work on philanthropic programs of choice. Each member is encouraged to work on Operation School Bell®, our signature program.
- Have no required hours of service; however, it is believed that those who join Assistance League do so in order to serve the community.
- Serve on one or more chapter committees.
- Support fundraising projects financially and assist with resource development projects.
For more information please contact Judy Wharton, Vice President Membership at 214-476-3277.