Caring in Action
Caring In Action provides activities based upon community needs which may or may not occur with the same agencies or organizations.
- Decorated 200 baseball caps for children undergoing treatment at Children’s Medical Center of Plano.
- Put together 30 flannel blankets for homeless children. Provided each child with a duffle bag to hold their blanket along with needed school supplies.
- Provided fun activities, needed supplies, and handcrafted blankets to families at a local domestic shelter that provides transitional house for women and their children.
- Put together flannel Cuddle Dolls for preemies in the NICU unit at Texas Health Hospital of Plano.
- Purchased Dr. Seuss books for each first grader at Elementary Schools in Collin County, and members read a book to each first grade class, while dressed as The Cat in Dr. Seuss’ book.
- Assembled 50 plastic shower baskets containing personal hygiene items for Meals on Wheels of Greater Collin County.
- Provided a luncheon along with entertainment for 48 friends at Friends Place in McKinney and made decorative placemats, corsages and either a patriotic cap or a patriotic corsage for each friend.